Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Saturn Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue with a 2.2L engine i got a new fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue with a 2.2L engine i got a new fuel filter and can't find the one on the car, its not in the gas tank because i just changed the fuel pump out and it wasn't in the tank where is it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replace the fuel pump and i was looking for the fuel filter can't find it U bought one and theres nothing that looks like it on the car
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

On this vehicle, the Fuel Filter is built internally into, and part of the Fuel Pump Assembly Housing. The fuel filter is located in the primary fuel tank module. The paper filter element traps particles in the fuel that may damage the fuel injection system. The filter housing is made to withstand maximum fuel system pressure, exposure to fuel additives, and changes in temperature. For an image view, click here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mhrmrijtiodvt/sat-ff.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.