George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

I have a 03 Vue 2.2, it misses at idle, no power under load

Customer Question

I have a 03 Vue 2.2, it misses at idle, no power under load but when you increase rpm to 1100-1200 it smooths out fine. The car has 158000 miles on it. I have checked every thing,coil, ignition mod, map,cts,has new plugs,fuel filter. This thing is driving me nuts.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Am trying too.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: Have replaced ECM,could not comunicate with old one, was told most likely was ECM
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the first thing I would do is a compression test to verify there is not an internal issue with the motor/

when you replaced the pcm, did you have it flashed??? are there any codes???

Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.

more info. did you replace the boots on the plugs??? there is also a cap in the piece you removed that contains the coils. it is a very common failure for miss fires.

when we do these tune ups, we replace plugs, boots, coils and the cap. look for black marks in the cap. it is a good indicator of electrical leaking