Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

I have a 2004 Saturn ion. The Windows, locks and trunk will

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Saturn ion. The Windows, locks and trunk will not work. I cannot open the locks or trunk unless I use the remote. Sometimes the Windows will work but other times they will not. What could the problem be?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The component that is tied into both the locks and the windows on this model here is the BCM (body control module).This is a control unit/computer that can sometimes commonly fail and cause this issue here.The signals need tested from the BCM to verify this is the cause here and then if found to be at fault for sure here it will need replaced.I have had to replace the BCM on this model before for issues like this.

It will need replaced with a new one as an used one it already programmed to another vehicle and cannot be programmed to this vehicle.After it is installed a GM dealer will have to program it.In some cases you can order one in from a local parts store already pre programmed ready to go.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete