Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Our 2005 Saturn relay, won't engage the transmission when

Customer Question

our 2005 Saturn relay, won't engage the transmission when you try to shift Stuck in reverse May be the shifter cable
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: stopped at Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach to unload. Put car in park. When attempting to put it in drive, it got stuck in reverse and now the gearshift lever just moves freely without engaging the transmission
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have AAA, but I am not mechanically inclined so I will need someone to come and look at it or have it towed to a local dealer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: Car is in excellent shape with good service. Has 100,000 miles on it It is parked in such a way that a mechanic can get at it
JA: Our top Saturn Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Saturn Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Saturn Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

If the shifter moves freely with little to no resistance then the shifter cable has likely popped off at the base of the shifter or on the transaxle. I doubt the failure has occurred inside the trans. If you decide you can or want to check this out please let me know so I can guide you.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.