Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****. We picked up a 2003 Saturn Ion

Customer Question

Hello. My name is ***** *****. We picked up a 2003 Saturn Ion for my daughter a couple of years ago and for some time now her service engine light has been on with the codes of P0128 and P0131. After replacing the thermostat, ECT and O2 sensor, I had pretty much given up for awhile. Now that she can't get the registration renewed until its fixed, she also has a P0106. I can get in there to clean or replace her MAP sensor but am not sure what to do about the other persistent codes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine stalls every once in awhile...thought it was due to the ignition switch recall, but still does it after having been fixed. Also. after filling her gas tank, the vehicle will not start on the first crank. Once started, it continues to start...that is until the next fill.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

0128 means it is running to cold. You mentioned replacing the ECT and thermostat. Did you check the cooling fan to see if its running to often?

0131 Running the wrong temp can cause the O2 sensor to read an incorrect reading.

0106 Try cleaning the throttle body and replacing the MAP sensor.

Will your scan tool show the coolant temp reading?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris