sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have an 2005 Saturn VUE 2.2 L AWD and the question is the

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have an 2005 Saturn VUE 2.2 L AWD and the question is the car is running but it will not drive in reverse or forward.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I don't have an account set up but I paid deposit are still going to answer my question?
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

will the vehicle NOT roll and lock on the parking lock when put in park ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Car is not rolling and locked when i put in parking position
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

ok if it will NOT roll when in park and the fluid is full in the transmission something inside the transmission has failed either a transmission pump or a clutch pack or the input drum

a shop will need to check the torque converter bolts and be sure they are still in place if they are and the fluid is full and it will NOT roll in park it is an internal transmission failure i am sorry to say

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it possible that would be the body valve?
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

not if it will not move at all with full fluid

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please explain
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's remotely possible that the valve body could prevent the trans from engaging but it's unlikely enough that I wouldn't really consider it as a possible cause. If there was physical damage, enough debris to cause a complete blockage or the manual valve was broken, all of which are very unlikely, then the valve body could possibly cause lack of engagement. You almost surely have a geartrain or clutch failure though.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
then you think I should replace whole transmission even that some of the local mechanic said that is the valve body.

The trans would either need to be replaced or removed and disassembled for inspection to see if it would be cost effective to repair.