George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My 2004 Saturn Vue, will not change gears. If I put it in

Customer Question

My 2004 Saturn Vue, will not change gears. If I put it in Drive, it is in the top gear and is very slow to move. I can put it in Low and 2nd no problem. No shifting to passing gear either
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if not too involved. I can change the fluid myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. It's my daughter's car and I just have time this weekend to look at it. I drove it yesterday
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: Check engine light is on
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Saturn Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

is the check engine light on ?

did this happen out of the blue one day ?

what has been done to correct this issue yet ?