Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My vue has 250,000 miles with very few problems. in november

Customer Question

my vue has 250,000 miles with very few problems. in november i had plugs changed plus a battery and alternator along with a transmission oil change and a front catalytic convertor. now it is hard starting plus when the weather is below 60 deg. when i start the car it will idle but in going through its initial diagnostics the lights on the dash will turn off then go into a blinking mode like the hazards are on and the power steering will not work. i have to start and stop the car several times before it will go through a normal startup check and all the lights will work. it does not show a code during this event. when the temperature rises above 60 deg. the problem goes away
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, the first place to start is by checking the connectors at both the pcm and the bcm for fretting corrosion which seems to affect the vehicle more in colder weather. Pull the connectors from both control modules and look for tiny black specks. If you find them, use a soft brush to clean them, then apply dielectric grease to them and reconnect to the modules. Make sure to disconnect the battery first before doing this to prevent and voltage spike to the modules

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?