George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My engine stalled 3 times on the way home and I noticed the

Customer Question

My engine stalled 3 times on the way home and I noticed the TC light is off and won't turn back on. No check engine lights were triggered as far as I can tell. I was able to get home. 2003 saturn l300.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** light is for traction control so no reason that should be on. Did vehicle stall when coming to stops? Did it restart right away ever time? Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
TC has always been on and has to be turned off by pushing the button... the car started but I had to use the gas pedal for a little to get the engine going again after start it wanted to stall again with out giving it gas. Noticed engine studder at highway speeds before coming to a stop in traffic when the stall happened.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Does TC light turn on when pressing button?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it is not respinsive anymore...
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

I think problem may be unrelated. I'd start by cleaning out throttle body with cleaner and a rag from parts store. Then disconnect battery for 10 minutes to reset traction system. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.