Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Im trying to remove the end cover an my 01 Sl2 Taat trans. I

Customer Question

Im trying to remove the end cover an my 01 Sl2 Taat trans. I broke three bolts trying to use eze outs, My question is whether the two small bolts near the center of cover need to come out in order to remove the cover?
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm going to tighten or replace the input/output shaft nuts.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also need advised as to the best method of removing these three frozen bolts
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try using a liquid penetrating oil on the bolts and allow this oil to set for a day or more and see if they remove then.If they do not let me know.Also if you can take a picture of these bolts and the transmission where the bolts are this will help.You can upload the picture here using the paper clip icon.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pete I had soaked the boolts w/ penetratng oil a day ahead of time. I watched the one video of the job on youtube; I coulldnt get the transaxle cradle to lower the 1..5 inches as it explained in the video maybe im missing something to do as the cradle will only lower a quarter inch
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Have you checked to make sure you removed all cradle bolts to lower it somewhat and to make sure nothing under the hood on the engine is keeping the engine from lowering like a bracket or mount or possibly even wiring or a hose keeping it from lowering?