sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have an 01 Saturn L 100 we are having trouble keeping it

Customer Question

I have an 01 Saturn L 100 we are having trouble keeping it started , we change the fuel filter, fuel pump is working , did a few test pressure it's good ! What else could it be when you start the car it starts up as soon as it gets to 1500 or PMs it shuts off ?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could cause the symptoms you're having. You may be losing spark due to a sensor, coil or ignition module issue, you could have an exhaust restriction or it may be running rich or lean due to an inaccurate MAP, MAF or oxygen sensor. The symptoms you're describing are often caused by lack of fuel pressure.

With the engine under load and as it's dying, what is fuel pressure?

Have you checked for fault codes?