George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I went to the dealership and am not convinced that what they

Customer Question

I went to the dealership and am not convinced that what they say is wrong should cost so much. Can you help please?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Absolutely! Check engine light came on, car is running fine, checked that the gas cap was on, but engine light stayed on. Took it to the dealership today because the dash said Check Hybrid System and they came back with the following codes: P0455, P0A37, and P0449 The worst for me was the P0A37, the Starter/Generator for the hybrid system. They said it would cost $1815, with total costs to fix all three problems at $2440. I have never paid that much to fix my car.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need to know if it is the 4cyl or 6 cyl hybrid engine.

Also, I need to know what they are saying needs to be replaced for the emissions fault codes(p0455 and p0449)