sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Installed new radio now speakers crackle
, when turn

Customer Question

installed new radio now speakers crackle
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when turn radio up the speakers crackle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to research
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the problem started with the installation of the replacement radio then odds are the problem is the radio itself. It could be a failure in the radio, or if it wasn't a direct replacement then you may be overpowering the speakers. For instance if you removed a factory radio and installed aftermarket then it may be higher wattage than the speakers are rated for.

What was the reason for replacing the radio, and what was it replaced with?