George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2004 Saturn Ion quad coupe.

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2004 Saturn Ion quad coupe. It has the 2.2 ecotec with a 5-speed tranny. It has developed and intermittent miss that only happens during acceleration going up thru the gears. I can feel the misfire and let off the accelerator and it clears up so I can go on up to highway speed. once or twice it has given me a flashing "check engine" light but it goes off when the misfire condition clears up. I had it tuned up and replaced the plugs and the module attached to the plugs(forget what its called) about a year ago. Not sure if they replaced the coil then or not.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That sums it up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

sense the engine light does come on,can you give me the computer codes?