Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My heat controls have locked up after using the remote

Customer Question

Hi. my heat controls have locked up after using the remote start. usually I turn my car off and restart it and it resets the controls with no problem. today I could no get it to reset but when I changed the position of the heat I could here it switch over but the blower/heat would not kick on its like the computer for the controls froze. is there anything else I can do to reset or replace to big fixed?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If you havent yet, you need to check the climate control and blower motor fuses and relays. If you need to know their location, I just need the vin number and I can pull up the fuse and relay layouts and upload them to here

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. 3GSCL53748S651912
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

hi,

Ok, 2 fuses to check - 40amp blower fuse in the engine compartment fuse box(see attached), and 15amp AIRCON fuse in the fuse box at lower passenger side of center console(see attached). Replace either if blown.

If ok, remove the 15amp fuse for 60 seconds. Reinsert fuse, crank engine and do not touch the climate control panel for 3 minutes. Then try the functions. This is the reset procedure. If it doesnt work, then there is a hard fault in the climate control panel and will require the use of a scan tool to diagnose

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

For some reason one diagram did not upload, so here it is

hi,

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. I have yet to try your method as it's been freezing here and I don't have a garage. 2mrw it's suppose to warm up and I will try then! :)
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good