George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I just replaced the switch and the regulator on the front

Customer Question

i just replaced the switch and the regulator on the front passenger side window. I had started because the window would not go down. when I replaced the reulator, it went up but not down
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2006 saturn ion sadan
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 1 year ago.

It's possible that there are broken or worn wires in the harness running through the door jamb. A quick test that may reveal this as the culprit: Does the window work if you hold the switch while opening and closing the door? Note: The problem could still be present in this location and trying this test will not necessarily make it work