john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

I have a 2007 ion with a 2.2 Ecotec I'm getting po700 hard

Customer Question

I have a 2007 ion with a 2.2 Ecotec I'm getting po700 hard cold
Category: Saturn
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 10 months ago.

that is only telling you the tcm is storing a fault code,,

Many vehicles have a control module for the automatic transmission called a transmission control module (TCM). The engine control module (ECM) communicates with the TCM to monitor the automatic transmission for faults. If the TCM detects a fault in the automatic transmission and sets a transmission related fault code, the ECM is informed of this also and sets a P0700 in the ECM memory.

This illuminates the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) to let the driver know there is a problem. If this code is present and the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) is illuminated that basically means there is at least one transmission code set in the TCM's memory. P0700 is an informational code only. It doesn't point to a direct fault in the engine, only a general fault in the transmission. More diagnosis is necessary to identify what the transmission fault is. This requires a scan tool that will communicate with the transmission module.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you