Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

20001 sl1 changed the temperature sensor, now it has no

Customer Question

20001 sl1 changed the temperature sensor, now it has no reverse. I recently changed the transmission pressure control solenoid to stop it from slamming when put in gear. the trans input and output shaft nuts are tight. the three trs fuses in the under hood fuse box do not have power with the switch on where is the next spot to look.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Those fuses will not have power unless the engine is running.

Reverse is mechanical. do you have 2nd gear when you drive it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK the fuses do have power with the motor running, but, not with just the switch on. second gear does work. Whats next

According to the repair information the problem is likely internal.

Like I stated reverse is a mechanical operation meaning no electricity required

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Different tech here, would you like me to help with this reverse clutch issue.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.