triston
triston, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER
10186415

2008 Saturn Astra - central door locks won't work. Not with

Customer Question

2008 Saturn Astra - central door locks won't work. Not with the main button or key remotes. The fuse in the back panel was blown - replaced it but it no luck. Tested it and not getting any voltage at the fuse. Back hatch won't open either
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about all I know.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  triston replied 10 months ago.

What fuse in the rear block has no power, what is it labeled ass and what fuse number is *****? The only one that should matter is the one under the hood fuse number 10, make sure it's good. If the fuses good you really will need a scan tool in order to diagnod if the fuses good you really will need a scan tool in order to diagnose this problem on this car because the switch sends a signal to the cluster and the fuse block and you can only see this signal with a scan tool. The only other way we can get close to diagnosing it without a scant to ills you'll really need to a sept a live phone call have a voltmeter and a test light and a few tools and I'll tell you Where to round and try isolating the problem. Please give a positive rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is fuse 38 labeled door locks. This fuse was blown. Number 10 in the front panel was ok.