Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Saturn 2003 ion possible engine replacement
, Car made

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car made noise then stopped while exiting. Shop says the timing jumped and the valves are bent. Can the engine be fixed or should it be replaced.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is about a 12 hour job to replace the cylinder head which would be required to fix current problem. It is about a 13 hour job to replace the engine. Since it only takes a extra hour to replace the whole engine you are better off doing that route. You can look on www.car-parts.com which is a database of salvage yards for used engines in your area. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.