Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Saturn Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Unlock stereo

Customer Question

Unlock stereo
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a 2003 saturn ion. The stereo says lock when i turn it on. I do have the currebt lock code and need the other one to unlock it
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have the current lock code you can call your GM dealer along with proof of owner ship and they will provide you with the other code. To be sure you have the correct stored code use the procedure in the link below.

Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Back%20up%20retriv%20Jan%2020.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did call the GM dealership and they said they have no idea how to do it. The current code is 9435. Can you give me another code
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

Only the dealer has access to the security codes, Im not sure why they are telling you they do not know how to do it. You may want to try a different dealer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok well i have seen some of your other technicians provide the code for other customers.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

I will open the post back up for you in hope someone can. Unfortunately I can not. If someone can they will post back to you.

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 10 months ago.

Your radio unlock code should be 0091. Some of the newer Saturn radios do not work like the older GM radios with the unlock code. Most GM radios 2000 and newer have to be unlocked using the dealers Tech 2 scan tool. If the code supplied does not work then you will need to have the dealer connect their scan tool and unlock by inputting the vehicles VIN. If your local dealer is clueless, any GM dealer can do the procedure.