john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

I have saturn vue xr awd 2008, i cant find transmission

Customer Question

Customer: hi , i have saturn vue xr awd 2008 , i cant find transmission filter location
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hi , i have saturn vue xr awd 2008 , i cant find transmission filter location
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saturn Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

the transmission pan needs to be removed to access... see attachments...

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please, this car has not pan in button, its different is 4x4, maybe in side or front, where is my question

what motor?

08 correct?

4 speed tranny or the 6 speed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
08 saturn vue xr AWD, motor is in different way,

I realize its a transverse design.. they had 2 options your year a 4 speed or 6 speed... the 4 speed has a pan if its the 6 speed there is no pan and in order to service the filter the trans needs to be removed and the case split to access..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, 6 speed not access, thsnks

not without removal 12 hour job