rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

08 Saturn Vue. Radio display is dim and cannot be seen. This

Customer Question

08 Saturn Vue. Radio display is dim and cannot be seen. This is an intermittent problem. Seems to be day / night display sensor.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

There shouldn't be a sensor for this. The brightness is stationary with headlights of and adjustable with them on with your inside dimmer control. If this is working ok, then check for a bad ground/pin in the radio connectors. If the grounds are good, then the radio itself is the problem.

Thanks, Ron