rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

, i have a 2008 Saturn XE and latetly the Stabilitrak

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, My name is Will
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a 2008 Saturn XE and latetly the Stabilitrak and service brake system is coming on sporadically
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saturn Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok will i get an answer? a part number?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The car runs normally and then, all of sudden the alarm will come on the the 'Stabilitrak' and 'Service Brake System' will come on.
I live in Ohio and it has been rather cold as of late.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You really should attach a scan tool to the system and check for codes and data from the brake computer. This can be a dirty or cracked wheel speed sensor or tone ring.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, will do. I am an experienced aircraft mechanic. This being said, I know my way around and how to use tools. I am confident that this will be something that I will be able to repair. I just don't the information I need to go forward and I don't want to be paying the dealership when it is something I can do.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

No problem, you may want to check with your local parts store too for more information about locations and schematics.

Thanks again and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.