rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My saturn engine was missing with code of randum missfire I

Customer Question

My saturn engine was missing with code of randum missfire I changed plugs but still sounds like a miss
Category: Saturn
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Misfires can also be from coils, injectors, low compression and vacuum leaks. Depending on when the codes has set is also important and can be verified through a scan tool in the freeze frame data. At idle, under a load or all the time is important to know.

Thanks, Ron