Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I purchased a 2002 Saturn Vue, V6 I have the following

Customer Question

I purchased a
2002 Saturn Vue, V6
I have the following symptoms:
U2108 - CAN Bus Error ABS
P0700 – Transmission Control System Failure
Stalls on occasion. When it stalls, the security light flashes several times.
Then it restarts on its own. Otherwise, the vehicle runs well. It shifts as expected.
I have an OBD-II meter. I have reset these codes. The codes immediately re-appear once the vehicle is restarted. I tried removing the TCM and the ECM. I cleaned the pins with CRC QD Electronic Cleaner and a toothbrush. Once again, I erased the codes. The codes immediately re-appeared once the vehicle was restarted.
I am not a car expert. I have been using Google and speaking with people who seem to know more than I do. I will appreciate any advice that you can provide me.
Thank you,
Mark Maner ***@******.***
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

0700 means there are transaxle codes stored but your scan tool is not sophisticated enough to get those.

2108 means communication with the EBCM has been lost. The BCM being faulty is normally the cause for this code.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I have just been busy. I am taking your advice and am sending the BCM in for repair. I will let you know if that works. Thank you.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Glad I could help and tanks for rating my answer.