Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

DIC stopped working, cruise control and horn too. 2008 Aura

Customer Question

80,000 miles
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
any chance on getting an answer soon?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.
Did this happen all of a sudden or gradually?

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This happened all at once suddenly
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have no answer from you just another question
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question!

I’m a retired master technician and tech instructor with over 30 years experience. I also have access to a pretty good database on automotive service and repair. All of which enables me often times to offer you an educated guess on what the problem with your vehicle might be. However, if you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help you if you…

… don’t have tools or the skill to use them

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

… are not aware of the fact that there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper diagnosis

Having said that, the only link between horn, DIC and cruise control is the clock spring that connects switches on the steering wheel to the harness on the steering column. So, I would say that clock spring has failed.

Best Regards.