AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I got a guy off of Angie's list that will give me free

Customer Question

I got a guy off of Angie's list that will give me free diagnostic . He will rebuild the transmission for 1700 and that's everything then back with 2 yr 100000 Mike warranty . This was on the 2008 4 cylinder Saturn vue . I do think it's the pressure solenoid as you mentioned and he said if it is I could replace that for lower cost . Your thoughts.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

I think that is a fair price since a rebuilt transmission for your car would run around 2,000.00. That's just the transmission without labor. If I recall correctly, your vehicle had a recall for transmission problems. Have you contacted GM to see if they will honor it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I called dealership and they told me I did not . I think the one you sent me was on 6 cylinder and mine is a 4 .Can you tell me where I can go and bring up by vin . I think your still right about the recall .

The recall doesn't specify an engine size. It just states 2008 saturn VUE vehicles equipped with the 6T70 6 speed automatic transmission. Check safercar.gov vin check and see what you get there. Here is a link.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/