Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I would like to remove roof with sunroof on a 2003 saturn

Customer Question

I would like to remove roof with sunroof on a 2003 saturn vue. I understand it is bolted on but the adhesive holding it down is stubborn to break loose. How would I cut through that adhesive? What type of tool would I use. Please only respond if you have done this on this vehicle.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I use a putty knife. I take a 2" wide putty knife, sharpen the edge with a grinder, tape it, tape all the way around the sunroof and use a rubber mallet to tap the putty knife between the sunroof and roof to basically cut it loose from the adhesive

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am talking about removing the whole roof with sunroof As stated in the question .
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I have not removed the whole roof, just the sunroof. I will opt out and see if another expert can help