Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

My 2003 AWD Saturn vue has a one pirce ~8' drive shaft--is

Customer Question

my 2003 AWD Saturn vue has a one pirce ~8' drive shaft--is that either front or rear?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

Your Vue has one driveshaft/propeller shaft that goes from the front transaxle to the rear differential. The propeller shaft assembly is a two-piece design. The front shaft consists of a plunging A type constant velocity joint at the front and a universal joint and yoke at the rear. The rear part of the shaft consists of a center bearing assembly, which is pressed onto the front yoke, a universal joint and a flange at the rear of the shaft. The front shaft is mated to the rear shaft with an internal splined universal joint. A snap ring retains the two yokes. The center bearing provides support where the front and rear shafts mate and is bolted to the under body. From the front and rear differentials there are 4 individual axle shafts that go to each of the wheels. If you need the service and repair procedure let me know. The link below is a breakdown of the pieces of the driveshaft.

Drive/Propeller Shaft

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.