Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Name is ***** *****
, Am I getting the 2.4in

Customer Question

Customer: hi...name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Am I getting the 2.4in measurement right for the 2007 Vue Green Line? (Why would they make a different size exhaust for a slightly larger I4?)Can you make any recommendations on how I can replace this muffler without breaking the bank?Has anyone had a similar experience and found a way to adapt what is available from Walker? I can get the 2in cat-back pipe from Walker for cheap...(GM wants $200+), but I am not sure it will bolt up to the catted mid-pipe.A local muffler shop quoted $800 to replace the cat-back and muffler using Walker parts!!! (the 2in pipe), but that's crazy to ultimately just replace a muffler.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. That should cover it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saturn Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes...no problem. It's a tough question though.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi all. I have a 2007 Vue Green Line that is exhibiting a loud resonance coming from the muffler. Very irritating. Long story short...I need a newmuffler. GM Parts wants ~$400 plus shipping just for the muffler. Walker offers mufflers for the I4/2.2L (up to 2006 - 2in pipe) and V6 Vue (2.5in pipe) for around $90. They have nothing specifically for the 2.4L Green Line (2.25in OD??? at the muffler).Am I getting the 2.4in measurement right for the 2007 Vue Green Line? (Why would they make a different size exhaust for a slightly larger I4?)Can you make any recommendations on how I can replace this mufflerwithout breaking the bank?Has anyone had a similar experience and found a way to adapt what is available from Walker? I can get the 2in cat-back pipe from Walker for cheap...(GM wants $200+), but I am not sure it will bolt up to the catted mid-pipe.A local muffler shop quoted $800 to replace the cat-back and muffler using Walker parts!!! (the 2in pipe), but that's crazy to ultimately just replace a muffler.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Any good local muffler shop should be able to adapt this at little expense. I would try a different shop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam...thanks for the response. I am trying to reach you via my laptop but router is rebooting. Typing on a phone is not fun. Can you hang on a bit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sam...can you tell me what the exact exhaust tubing diameter is for the 2007 Saturn Vue green Line? In and out at the mid-pipe and at the muffler? Will a I4
/2.2L cat back fit???
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I do not have this information. An exhaust shop should be able to help with that as well.