George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I GOT THE SAME EXACT ISSUE ALTHOUGH MINE IS IS 1/4. I HAVE

Customer Question

Customer: HELLO I GOT THE SAME EXACT ISSUE ALTHOUGH MINE IS IS 1/4. I HAVE ALREADY TRIED COIL AND MODULE. NO LUCK. WHEN CHECKING THE ORANGE WIRE I'M GUESSING THAT IS THE 2/3 DRIVER. DO YOU KNOW THE COLOR OF THE 1/4 DRIVER?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: SORRY, I WAS READING A PAST POST, WHERE THE FELLOW HAD LOST SPARK ON 2/3 COIL PACK. I HAVE A 1998 SATURN SL1, I HAVE LOST SPARK ON 1/4 COIL. SO ASSUMED BAD COIL, REPLACED IT DID NOT CHANGE. SO I GOT THE CONTROL MODULE. MODULE MADE NO DIFFERENCE, SO IT MUST BE WIRING. IN THE PAST POST YOU HAD SAID THE ORANGE WIRE GOING IN TO THE MODULE CONTROLLED 2/3. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU KNEW WHAT COLOR SHOULD SHOW PULSE FOR 1/4, WITH TEST LAMP HOOKED TO BATT+?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saturn Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YEA, OR IF TOMORROW WOULD WORK BETTER FOR YOU, I COULD TOUCH BASE THEN. GOT MAYBE A 1/2 HOUR TO AN HOUR THIS EVENING TO RUN A FEW TEST.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 11 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Be sure you don't have a code in the computer for a quad driver and the drive wire for the 1/4 coil is the white wire to the module. It should pulse (only a low current testlight should be used!!) when the engine is cranking.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you