George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My name is ***** ***** Pea & I have a red light on my OnStar

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Pea & I have a red light on my OnStar system. OnStar techs said it's a battery needs replacing & I cant find a backup battery for it. Please tell me why is that red light on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: To the left of the handsfree button theres a normally green light, now its red.Onstar techs say its red because abackup battery needs replacing I don't seem to find a backup battery.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saturn Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I"ll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can i get your vehicle year, make and model please?