Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Saturn Diagnostics
18617752

Curt ,how do you get the old speed sensor through the brake

Customer Question

Customer: curt ,how do you get the old speed sensor through the brake backing plate ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes I have a 2008 Saturn vue red line the right rear speed sensor is bad i got a new gm part speed sensor and have everything apart but i can not get the old speed sensor through the hole in the brake backing plate ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saturn Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

When replacing the Rear Wheel Speed Sensor, the parking brake shoes will need to be removed. Then the sensor is removed from the front with the sensor electrical harness and connector coming through the plate- not the sensor through the plate.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and thought I'd do a check-in to see how you made out? Did you have any other questions in regards ***** ***** issue?