Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I Guy 2002 saturn lw200 engine turn off will driving cycle

Customer Question

Customer: i Guy 2002 saturn lw200 engine turn off will driving cycle the key and it turn on wright away no drivability issue and no check engine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car just turn off usually at low speed or comming to a stop no engine mis or shutter it just turn off , turn the key to of position then back to start the car will resart writh away
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saturn Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure i was thinking ignition swith but it intermittent so hard to diagnost
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is common problem caused by a dirty throttle body. You can get throttle body cleaner from your local parts store, spray onto rag, then wipe out throttle bore and throttle plate. The throttle body will build up debris which will eventually caused the airflow restriction causing low idle and stalling issues. To have this done at a shop that will charge around $80. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.