George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Saturn VUE: Yes I have a 2002 Vue and the reduce power light

Customer Question

Yes I have a 2002 Vue and the reduce power light and the service engine lights came on and now the vehicle will not go above 20mph, yet when we coded it, they all pointed to the Pedal and the throttle body, and also the tcm, so we changed each item and had the battery unhooked while we did each and then after a good 20 plus minutes we rehooked the battery and the vehicle still does the same thing, what else may it be?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I get the code number or numbers stored in the PCM?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not at the vehicle right now n won't be able to give u the codes for about 3 hours when I get back to the vehicle

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. NO problem. Just let me know when you have them. You can post them on this page and we can continue then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Codes p2119. P0638. P2100

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
The engine control module (ECM) controls the throttle blades by applying a varying voltage to the throttle valve motor. The ECM monitors the actual throttle blade position using throttle position (TP) sensor 1 and 2. If the ECM detects the throttle blade did not return to the rest position within a calibrated time, DTC P2119 sets
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
The engine control module (ECM) opens the throttle blades by applying a pulse width modulated voltage to the throttle valve motor. The ECM reverses the polarity on the throttle valve motor control circuits in order to close the throttle blades. The ECM increases the pulse width as necessary to open the throttle blades. The ECM monitors the throttle position (TP) sensors 1 and 2 to determine the actual blade position. If the ECM detects the required pulse width modulation (PWM) to move the throttle blade exceeds a predetermined value, DTC P0638 sets
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
The engine control module (ECM) opens the throttle blades by applying a pulse width modulated voltage to the throttle valve motor. The ECM reverses the polarity on the throttle valve motor control circuits in order to close the throttle blades. The ECM increases the pulse width as necessary to open the throttle blades. The ECM monitors throttle position (TP) sensors 1 and 2 to determine the actual blade position. If the ECM detects the required pulse width modulation to move the throttle valves exceeds a predetermined value, DTC 2100 sets.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
WAS THE PCM EVER REPLACED???
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
If not, that would be the next step.