john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

Question specialist (2008 Saturn Outlook, 2wd ). Needs a new

Customer Question

Question for GM specialist (2008 Saturn Outlook, 2wd ).
Needs a new transmission control module, but transmission clutch wave plate also needs to be replaced. I think the clutch wave plate cause the (TCM) to malfunction. If the TCM is replaced is the wave plate near the TCM. Does the whole transmission need to be dropped.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 11 months ago.

the wave plate is internal of the transmission, so complete transmission removal and tear down is required.. the transmission module is a external computer that easy easy to access and no where near as labor intense

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you