Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My car is making a tapping noise when I turn it on and I

Customer Question

My car is making a tapping noise when I turn it on and I thought I'd change the spark plugs to make sure it wasn't the cause because it shook a lot and now the car won't start cause the coils must be mixed up.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The firing order online is 135 and 246 but I have the following numbers on my coils.
A4,a4,b1,c1,a2,d2
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Does this have the 3.5 or 3.6 engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.6 engine
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The 3.6 has individual coils. I dont understand what got mixed up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try and upload a video of the noise the engine was making before I switched the spark plugs. I changed all spark plugs except the one behind the engine on the right side that I can't reach and after they were changed the car would not start anymore it just makes a clicking sound when I try and turn it on
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

That would be helpful

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 12 months ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.