Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 32 Yrs Exp, All Cars/trucks
13677702

2007 Saturn aura 2.5 engine removal step by step.

Customer Question

Category: Saturn
Expert:  Randall C replied 12 months ago.

Hello, the Aura was only offered with the 2.4.... 3.5.....3.6 engines , which do you have>?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have removed pretty much everything I can see. I have brought the motor up, dropped it down, brought it up and wiggiled it around to no avail
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry 2.4 green line.... I've got too many cars

Unsure of your approach but this engine will NOT go out the top,Your requested inofrmation can be found int eh link I have included, Its more than what you would normally think so need to review the removal information in the link I have included

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Totally stinks, I feel like I have everything loose and its ready to come.out the top, flywheel bolts are loose. It just doesn't budge from the Bell housing. I guess its no big deal now as I have 80,000 things removed to go ahead and take out the rims, steering linkage, inner fenders and cradle, but I'm not sure what's holding it up. I know now it s not suppose to come out the top, but I have no idea what could be holding it up and I'm not really equipped to take it out that way. Not your fault by any means, but this sucks

the torque converter thickness, just does not allow the engine to come forward enough to clear the bellhousing, unsure what feels like the bind, I assume you unbolted converter, if so, then the stub shaft on converter could be sticking etc, its only bolts, converter to undo, If manual trans? then this is even more compounded, Sorry for the bad news but, they cram things in small spaces, we deal with this in the shop all the time

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Gotcha - that would be a problem. Now to rig up a way for a shade tree mechanic to boost a car high enough to take out a motor.....yup its enough of a problem I'm concerned
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I only unbolted the flywheel. I didn't figure onthe convertor coming out too.

good question and we get this often, no quick answer on that,wish I had one, sorry