Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Just purchased a 2007 Saturn Ion. Stopped, locked doors.

Customer Question

Just purchased a 2007 Saturn Ion. Stopped for gas, locked doors. Came back out and doors will not open manually or with the remote with new batteries
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am very sorry that you have not been helped yet, especially as this was a time sensitive answer. I just came online and saw your question

Hopefully you have gotten into your vehicle by now, but if not, the options to open yourself are limited to either using a slim jim tool or inserting a rubber wedge between the door and the door sill to at the top rear corner to pry it out it enough to slip a coathanger in to open the lock with it. If you need help doing this, I can walk you thru it.

If you already have gotten it taken care of, again I am sorry for the delay and no one earlier online answering it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, this is not the response I was expecting. I've already gotten into the car. I was asking if this is some type of issue with the vehicle or something that needs to be serviced. I know how to get into a car when I'm locked out. I was addressing my question to a Saturn expert.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

"Just purchased a 2007 Saturn Ion. Stopped for gas, locked doors. Came back out and doors will not open manually or with the remote with new batteries"

That is word for word the complete extent of your question you posted. Please point out to me where you explicitly asked or implied if this is an issue with this vehicle. Your question only implies that you are locked out and need to get into your vehicle.

BTW, I am a Saturn expert. I will opt out and see if another expert wishes to help you. Please make sure to accurately state what you are asking for the next expert to help you efficiently.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I should have worked my question differently but I can't imagine anyone sending a question from a gas station asking how to get inside a locked car. I think anyone knows how to call the auto club or mechanic to open a door if the keys being locked out of a car was the issue. Yes I would appreciate a response as to WHY the manual key and key remote would not open the doors.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

You would be surprised then. I answer 3-5 questions everday where people cannot open their door with their key or key fob and want to know how to jimmy a door open. Fairly common question

Ok, first, I need to know the 17 digit vin number to both pull the schematics as well as any related service bulletins.

I also need to know if the locks are working at this point

And when you either use the fob or the manual key do you hear any noise in the door to indicate the actuator is responding