Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Have a 1996 Saturn s sohc replaced moter with 1995 motor. 95

Customer Question

have a 1996 Saturn s sohc replaced moter with 1995 motor. 95 motor has 2 sensors in head.1 for fan 1 for temp guage . how to hook up sensor for fan to work correctly .so it comes on when temp gets hot.95 is also sohc. the one sensor is hooked up to temp guage,seems to work.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Because the harness for a 1995 to the 1996 are different you are going to have to either use the harness from the 1995 or install your old head on the new engine. In the long run changing the engine harness is likely your best option.