George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My 04 Saturn Ion crank but won't start. I have spark but It

Customer Question

My 04 Saturn Ion crank but won't start. I have spark but It has no fuel to the fuel real I replace new fuel pump relay it still no fuel from fuel pump. replace new fuel pump but still not work. I check the power to fuel pump but only one wire has power when the key is turn to the on position. but that wire only go to the little sensor on top of the fuel pump lid. The other wire does not have power when the engine is crank or when the key is on. it has 7 pins on the connecter. I also check power to the fuel pump relay it has 4 pins that goes into the fuse box but only the middle pin has power and the other pins do not have power. What can cause this? What other options do I need to check?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you remove the pump relay, then CRANK engine and tell me how many terminals have 12 volts when CRANKING

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have attached a file for you to look at.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There is only one terminal that have 12 Volt and that is terminal 3 when the key is on or when it is crank.
Expert:  Randall C replied 12 months ago.

Hello,i was off most of the day,Sorry for the delay., did you find the problem or still need help with this car problem? i will be on /off over next couple hours

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I sent you what you requested. I measure the terminal already and the picture is attached. What needs to be done next?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What should the voltage shoulde be on each terminal when crank or when it is not crank?