FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Every light in My 2007 Vue will begin to randomly flash when

Customer Question

Every light in My 2007 Vue will begin to randomly flash when cold. Also effected is the power steering. The when the idle increase the flashing will speed up also, but will maintain its random (it appears random) flashing. It can last for minutes or be very brief. Could this be a failing BCM, or is there another possible cause? All my research makes me think it is, but my vehicle starts fine and the other cases I have read never mention any issue with steering.
Thank u for your help,
Thomas
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. This is typically caused by a voltage issue or a bad connection. Start by checking the connections at the battery and also having t tested. If it is fine then you typically either have a bad ignition switch or body control module. Check the connections at the battery ground cable also. Please let me know if you need further help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks fixitman I found some time to looking over some suggestions. The battery is good the alternator is good and I think only option left is the control module. If I purchase one of those online do I have to have it programmed.