Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Last month I lost my brakes totally, to the floor. Had them

Customer Question

Last month I lost my brakes totally, to the floor. Had them fixed. Now when I put my car in park, it won't come out without lifting the boot around the shifter and lifting this little lever. And my ABS lite is now lite on my dash. My fuses seem fine. What next?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked to see if you have any brake lights at all when applying the brake pedal?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have brake lights
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,since your brake lights work I dont see this as a brake switch fault here as this is one of the more common causes.This sounds more like the shift solenoid at the shifter at fault.This is the electronically controlled solenoid at the shifter that releases when the brake is pressed.The solenoid is common to fail and cause this issue here and can be replaced seperately.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntkj5q33f7r1wcc/int-11-30.gif?dl=0

As for the ABS light this may be related to the fault here.What will need to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool/code reader that can communicate with the anti lock brake computer to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.You can usually have the codes checked at no cost to you at a local parts store like Auto Zone.Once the codes are read out they can be then diagnosed.

Unfortunately this is what has to be done here to locate the cause of the fault and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete