Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Had a mechanic change a transmission hose yesterday & now

Customer Question

Had a mechanic change a transmission hose yesterday & now the car won't start. 2007 Vue Hybrid
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Does the engine turn over but not start, or no noise at all when you turn the key to the crank position?

Is the security light coming on at all when the key is turned on, coming on and going off in about 10seconds, blinking on and off, or coming on and staying on until you turn the key back off?

Do you have a voltmeter to check voltage at the battery, and if so, please do this and let me know the voltage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can hear the relay clicking but it's not engaging the starter. We didn't know there was a security light and have not seen it on. I'll look for a colt meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant volt
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, check the battery voltage and charge battery if needed. If it is below 9.5v, replace it as it has a dead cell that wont hold a charge. If voltage is good, then let me know and we will go from there in testing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We ran the battery dead yesterday trying the 10 minutes on thing so we're charging now
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, once you do that, if it is still clicking, let me know and we will go from there in testing all the components in the starting circuit

If it does start, go ahead and run it by a parts store and have them load test it while it is in the vehicle. This will test both voltage and amperage under loads and let you know if the battery cells are weak and warrant battery replacement or not.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks