Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I own a 2008 Saturn Vue EX and my gh beams not working. So i

Customer Question

hi , I own a 2008 Saturn Vue EX and my high beams not working. So i replaced the bulbs on both sides and i changed the low beams aswell but my High beams still not working?
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** headlight switch ends signal to the body control module then the body control module activates the headlight relay, then headlight relay sends voltage to bulbs. First try to replace the hi beam headlight relay in fuse box under hood. If that doesn't help remove relay and jump pin 87 to pin 30, this should turn on hi beams. If so, unplug the body control module and ground the tan/white wire at pin 16, this should turn on hi beams. If so then you know wiring between Body control module and relay are good and wiring between relay and headlights are good. So now problem is either the body control module or headlight switch. Check to see if purple wire at pin 18 has ground with headlight switch in high position, if so the body control module is the problem. A new body control module would be around $500 to have replaced/reprogrammed at dealership. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.