Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

I am changing a transmition in a Saturn vue 2004.we bought

Customer Question

I am changing a transmition in a Saturn vue 2004.we bought the car with a bad transmition and it came with another trans.i was told that the trans im putting in had a torque convertor solonoide error. where is that located?i would like to take it off the bad one .it has the 3.5 engine awd.ive been told its a Honda engine.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Daryl replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your problem. The torque converter clutch solenoid is located on the top of the transmission just below where the battery would set, if the transmission is in the vehicle the battery and battery tray needs to be removed to access the torque converter clutch solenoid. There are 4 bolts that hold it in place.

Let me know if you have more questions on this I am always willing to help, Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it the one just below the thermostat housing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To the left of the thermostat housing?
Expert:  Daryl replied 1 year ago.

Sorry its been a long wait I had to work all day today at my regular job. It is just below the thermostat housing, just a little towards the drivers side.