Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 Saturn ls1 won't start change starter, battery tested,

Customer Question

2000 Saturn ls1 won't start change starter, battery tested, I took of ignition coil and it gave spark and push the gas valve and has gas going, plug in test checker and no codes. Can you help
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** to see if it will run on starting fluid and let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try and it will not
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

How did this all start? Driving down road and vehicle just stopped running? If it doesn't start on starting fluid this would point toward no spark or loss of compression due to timing issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mother in laws car she said it driving fine Saturday but went to start it Sunday and it would not. I pull of the igition coil pack and took of the rubber tubes it sparked against metal but it had to be close. The rubber hose is like 3 inches can it have to little of a spark to reach the spark plugs. I am not sure on that.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend getting a spark tester and compression tester from parts store at this point. Spark should be able to jump a 25kv gap and compression should be at least 100 psi in every cylinder and there should not be more then a 20% difference between cylinders. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.