George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I just bought a 2006 saturn Vue step daughter. it has the 4

Customer Question

I just bought a 2006 saturn Vue for my step daughter. it has the 4 cyl, auto w/ 160k miles. It ran great during test drive and for a week after. One morning, it wouldn't start. No attempt to crank. No relay heard. We jumped it and it started right up. She came home from school and advised it happened again. I looked at it and it started right up. 12.8 v on the battery. 13.9 on the battery w/car running. I took the battery to auto zone and they advised it was showing as bad. I replaced the battery. The following day, she says the car stalled while driving. I test drove w/ ac on and after 15 minutes, I noticed the green daytime running light on the dash came on. a minute later the engine stalled while coasting through a neighborhood at maybe 20 mph. I pulled over, started it and it died several times. The idle has been a bit on the low side since purchase and on this occasion, I had to ride the brake and throttle to prevent it from stalling while at a stop while getting it back home. It feels low idle related to me at this point. There are no check engine lights on and the green dtrl has not reappeared. Air filter is clean. I was going to change the fuel filter, but have learned that is integral to the fuel pump in the tank. That much work to change a fuel filter seems excessive when I would only be guessing.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Did this low idle issue start happening after the battery was replaced? Are there any codes in the computer? Does the engine have plenty of power under a load?