Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am needing a radio unlock code Saturn l series 2003 sedan.

Customer Question

I am needing a radio unlock code for my Saturn l series 2003 sedan. When I press 1&2, the code is 0766. Called an 800# ***** I am given 7793. When I enter that code and press the am/FM button, I get an error. Is there another code perhaps?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I need to know if this is the original audio unit or a replacement one. If a replacement unit, it will first need to have the vehicle's vin number programmed into it with a tech2 scan tool. if the original, let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, this is a the original radio. Thank you!
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Hmmm, I am showing that same code - 7793. Make sure you are entering it as follows

Perform the following steps to unlock a locked system using a known code:

1. Turn the ignition ON.
  2. Press the power button on the radio. The display will show "- - - -".
  3. Enter the four digit code by using the SEEK/SCAN and TUNE rocker buttons. The numbers will start at 0000 and will increase on the display each time the corresponding side of the rocker button is pushed.

3.1.Press the down arrow side of SEEK/SCAN rocker button to change left digit.

3.2.Press the up arrow side of SEEK/SCAN rocker button to change second to left digit.

3.3.Press the down arrow side of TUNE rocker button to change third digit.

3.4.Press the up arrow side of TUNE rocker button to change last digit.

4. Push the AM/FM button once the 4-digit code has been entered correctly.
  5. If the proper code has been entered, the radio will return to the armed mode and normal operation shall return. If the wrong code is entered, the display will momentarily show an error message and then return to display "- - - -" indicating that another try at the correct code can be attempted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope didn't work. Tried it 3 times and now I'm locked out again. Not sure what to do now. Suggestions?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

It doesnt happen often, but on occasion GM has the wrong code numbers assigned to a vehicle and winds up requiring that a Tech2 scan tool is needed to be hooked up and code number retrieved with it. So unfortunately that means a trip to the dealer. Some will charge 1/2 hr labor and some will do if for free as a courtesy service for their customers